Job Title: vCIO
Required Experience: Systems Engineer
Department: Client Success Team
Reports To: Manager of Client Success
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
- Do you have over 10 years of experience as a Senior Systems Engineer?
- Do you want to spend time helping clients with IT strategy?
- Do you enjoy creating IT solutions to solve problems, and help clients with their success?
- Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to a unique IT company and participate in its growth?
- Are you excellent in front of clients?
- Have you had experience with a variety of different industries?
Then perhaps this role is for you.
You bring vast experience in IT, deploying projects in Networks, VMware, Windows Networks, Azure, Cloud, and Cyber Security, and we can train you to become a vCIO – if you’re not already.
At Reis Informatica, a unique leader in Managed IT Services, we are seeking a Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO) to join our team. This role is pivotal in managing our clients and their businesses, acting as a key business contact, and ensuring the alignment of our IT services with their business objectives. The vCIO will report to the Manager of Client Success and play a crucial role in helping shape the technology for our clients.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business owners, understanding and managing their business and IT needs.
- Participate in engaging, non-technical Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with clients, focusing on demonstrating the value of technology in achieving business goals.
- Provide high-level consultation on technology and business matters, translating client needs into actionable IT strategies and road maps
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technology plans that align with client objectives.
- Act as a trusted advisor for all business IT needs, supporting client retention and satisfaction.
- Work closely with Client Success managers to manage client relationships effectively.
- Keep abreast of market trends, industry developments, and competitor strategies to advise clients proactively.
- Ensure accurate tracking of all client activities in our Professional Services Automation (PSA) system.
Attributes and Characteristics:
- Broad knowledge of technology topics, with a focus on strategic application in business.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand and meet business needs through technology.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage non-technical business leaders effectively.
- Deep understanding of each client’s business situation, needs, and IT environment.
- Proactive in identifying trends and developing strategies to support these trends.
- A great communicator and collaborator
- Proven experience in a similar vCIO role or senior management position within IT.
- 12 years of being a Senior Systems Engineer, preferably with a Managed Service Provider
- A strong background in business and technology, with a preference for candidates who have experience in IT Managed Services.
- Expert knowledge of IT Best practices
- Very experienced in Windows Server technologies, Active Directory, Azure Services
- Expert knowledge in IP Networks, switches, routers, firewalls, Wireless, Cyber security
- Linux, SANS, Zero Trust, VPN’s, VMWare, hyperconvergence
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies rapidly.
- A team player who enjoys supporting and working collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred: Business experience and acumen.
What We Offer:
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, innovative team reinventing IT as a strategic, secure business asset.
- A collaborative, supportive work environment with a focus on client success.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Drivers License
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada
- Must live in Waterloo Region or easily commute to the office located in Kitchener
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills